Project Title : Global Perspectives on Gender
License : CC-BY
Ideologies and practices of gender and sexuality are culturally shaped, historically changing, and globally situated. In this textbook, students will explore how gender and sexuality are embedded in and shaped by nations’ and regions’ particular histories and cultures. By focusing on fewer cultural examples, but going more in-depth, this textbook seeks to explore how gendered lives are situated within particular cultural, historical, political, and economic contexts.
Publication website: https://textbooks.opensuny.org/global-perspectives-on-gender/
Participation form: https://goo.gl/forms/JIaxZ5TQ7x4MMozJ3
- Nadine T. Fernandez, Ph.D., Professor, Social & Behavioral Sciences, SUNY Empire State College
- Katie Nelson, Ph.D., Professor/Instructor of Anthropology, Inver Hills Community College
- Responsibilities: developing content outline, draft relevant chapters, recruiting and selecting contributors, editing contributors’ chapters, assisting authors with visual imaging needs
Allison Brown, SUNY OER Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsibilities: Maintaining timeline and tasks, assisting with recruitment efforts, assisting with licensing, technical, and production support.
This OER textbook project is generously supported by a SUNY OER Creation grant of $30,000. The funds will be used primarily to defray the costs of reviewing, copy editing, and producing the book. Both editors also received sabbaticals in 2019-20 from their institutions to support their work on this project.
- February, 2019: Scoping and outlining project
- March-April, 2019: Soliciting and recruiting contributing authors
- May, 2019: Vetting Contributors
- June-July, 2019: Authoring chapters and profiles
- August-October, 2019: Peer Review and Revisions
- November-December, 2019: Copy editing
- January- February, 2020: Layout, production, proofing, publication