David Quentin Dauthier, graduate school of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences & the High School affiliated to Beijing Normal University

(David Q. Dauthier) #1

I’m very pleased to meet you all. I am an avid reader of Mr. Downes’ blog, and he recently posted an article about your efforts, and, as you see, he signed up to your community as well.

I teach classical languages (Latin and Ancient Greek), English literature and composition. In an effort to expand my knowledge base, I am currently working on an MA in Technology and Learning Design at Roehampton University, London. For quite some time, I have been fascinated with distance education and the open source concept.

I have a few ideas for open source textbooks, and I look forward to helping in other projects in whatever way I can.

Yours,
Quentin

(Zoe Wake Hyde) #2

Hi Quentin, thanks so much for joining us! We look forward to hearing about your textbook ideas, and hopefully have some projects come up in your areas of expertise.

It’s a not exactly on the money, but you might like to check out our Open Anthology of Earlier American Literature?