Goal: Develop and operationalize an Open Textbook Review Board.
The Rebus Community has proposed to create an Open Textbook review board that can been leveraged to help find peer reviewers for open textbooks.
The current sketch of the Review Board structure is as follows:
- The board will comprise librarians, staff, and faculty & others coordinating OER/Open Textbook activities at their institutions.
- Review Board members would be contacted whenever a book comes up for review
- Members would agree to take some action within their institution or network to help find reviewers (e.g. contact a subject librarian, reach out to departmental faculty or colleagues at other institutions, etc.)
This group will develop this idea, including:
- Clarifying/finalizing a proposed structure
- Developing communications mechanisms
- Defining board member obligations/commitments
- Recruiting members
- Other ideas for expansion/how else this board can be useful
If you would like to be a part of this group, please comment below with a bit about yourself, any specific interests on the subject and any initial thoughts on the group’s purpose.