How to find help
Start by writing up a call for contributors, clearly stating the following:
- the name of the project
- the subject or themes
- any additional context
- where you need help
- contributor requirements
- relevant links
Creating a call for participation?
Be sure to include:
- Project name
- Fewer than 50 words about your project
- Areas where help is needed
- Contributor requirements
- Relevant links
Avoid directing collaborators to an email address to respond, instead encourage conversation in the topic. Visible activity around the topic shows public interest in your project.
How to offer help
To respond to a call for contributors, post a response and include the following:
- your background and area of expertise
- specific skills or qualifications
- why you’re interested in the project
- other ways you might participate
Even if what you can offer doesn’t explicitly respond to the stated need for help, letting the project team know you are interested may prompt them to follow up with you later on.