This is where information about sessions, handouts, resources, and other logistics details related to sessions or check-ins will be posted.
First Session Details
- Our first session will be on February 26th, from 9:00-11:00am ET. This session is the only one to run for two hours (all the rest will be an hour and a half long).
- The syllabus and complete schedule is available online: https://www.rebus.community/t/textbook-success-program-syllabus-february-2020-cohort/2487.
- All participants must create an account in the Rebus Community platform, as all communications will be taking place here (including sharing of resources or handouts, posting reminders or questions, etc.).
- Once the account is created, participants should send me (@apurva) a Direct Message, so I can add them to the cohort group in the platform and tag them in our ‘About the Feb. ‘20 Cohort’ thread.
- The platform has a dedicated discussion space for the cohort, with:
- An ‘About the Feb '20 Cohort’ thread, with a list of projects and participants
- This ‘Logistics’ thread, where we will post reminders about sessions, and share handouts and resources
- The program syllabus (We’ve made sure that sessions don’t coincide with major events or holidays, but if anyone has conflicts, they can let us know in the platform)
- A Memorandum of Understanding (which we’ll review during our first session)
- Note: We will conduct a demo of the platform during our first session so that everyone is familiar with it.
- All our sessions and monthly check-ins will take place on Zoom, a video conferencing tool.
- Before our first session, participants should make sure to install Zoom via the Zoom Download Center
- Once installed, participants should launch Zoom, and using the top navigation bar, click on zoom.us → Preferences → General → Check the box for ‘Side-by-side mode’
- The standard link we will use throughout the program is: https://zoom.us/j/823176390 (this is included in the syllabus). To join the call on the day of, they can simply click on this link which will start and launch Zoom.
We will be a cohort of 8 projects this time around, from 12 institutions and organizations, based in Canada and the USA. We’re excited to begin our second round of the program this month, and very much look forward to learning more about each of the participants and their projects!
Please let me know if you any questions about this information.