If you run into any issues when creating a project, please drop a note here and we’ll be in touch to troubleshoot. While you wait to hear from us, here are a few common issues you can diagnose yourself:
- Make sure you have logged in via the homepage to complete your account set up before clicking on “Create a Project”
- Ensure your project name starts with a letter or number and that there are no spaces or special characters at the start of the field
- Check that the project name you want to use isn’t already taken! It’s always best to be very specific, and you can always change this later you need time to decide. (Check existing project names in Open Textbooks in Development)
If you’ve been successful in creating your project home and are looking for what to do next, here are some suggestions:
- Fill in as much information on your project page as you can! Check out our user guide to find out how to edit your project
- Create some new topics on your discussion space - this could include an introductions thread, a status update on the latest work and/or the story of how your project came to be!
- Check out the Rebus Guide to Publishing Open Textbooks (So Far) for practical advice on how to approach each phase of the publishing process
- Post a call for participants in the Contributor Marketplace to start building or expanding your team
- Head to the Help & Questions section to ask the community about any roadblocks you’re facing, or for advice on where to start!