Thanks, Nate! I’m very excited to see the first sections going in
Here’s my take on the questions you’ve asked:
- I don’t think the email addresses are necessary to include in this section, but can be nice! If @heathersalazarom and @christina.hendricks would like to do so, perhaps we can have a standard “Reach him/her/them via email at [address].” I’ve seen other books include links to contributors Twitter handles, for instance, and it is a nice way to give potential adopters/readers some pathways into the existing team.
- I’d suggest either “About the Contributors” or “About the Authors”
- I think you could leave the Front Matter Authors blank? This isn’t necessary to include for every front/back matter section. I believe what it does along with adding some chapter-level metadata on the section, it also triggers the author names to display below the title, which may not be as critical for this section as it will be for the chapters, introduction, etc. Tagging my colleague @zoe, in case she has anything more to add!
- No other metadata for this front-matter section needed. There’s no short title, subtitle, or DOI, and the license is the same as the rest of the book, so it doesn’t need to be changed/specified again here.
- No front-matter type needed here. Typically, this type of section is included as backmatter, so Pressbooks has a backmatter type called “About the Author(s).” So if this is moved to the backmatter, you could apply this type, else you could leave it be in the frontmatter with no specific type.
Hope this helps!